Thursday, July 8, 2010

Jet Lag



Here's my tent!

I always assumed that jetlag pretty much entailed simply getting caught up with the time zone. This is not so. I have an amazing headache and a feeling of dizziness/constant motion. It's not fun, but not altogether awful, either.

This morning's weather is pretty gloomy. It's chilly and cloudy and we have a good chance of some light rain. Despite this, I plan on taking a free walking tour at 11 this morning. I'm also hoping to get some of the phenominal Australia sushi I keep hearing about.

I also want to get an Australian wildlife guide. Needless to say, the trees here are totally different and unlike anything we have at home. I've also seen some pretty cool birds just hanging out, which makes me wonder what sorts of amazing things they have at the wildlife preserves and botanical gardens. The birds that woke me up this morning sounded more like car alarms than birds... they sound like they belong in a Dr. Seuse book or something.

Here's a picture of the Australian 5 cent coin that reminds me of Gus. The little creature is an Echinda.