Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Queenstown Day Two


Laura and I slept late and then emerged from our dorm with the smiles worn only by those who know they're about to have a fabulous breakfast. We went back to the same breakfast place as before and had eggs Benedict, pancakes and home fries. Awesome.

Afterwards, I read a bit and then took another walk around the lake. I walked on the path out and then came back via the lake's rocky shore. This was great for a time, but the closer I got to the main town, the slipperier the rocks got. I eventually had to climb up a fairly steep rock wall to get back on the main path--but I made it!

Later one, I went to the Kiwi and Birdlife Park. It was pretty expensive--$28 after a discount, but since it translated to about $20USD, I did it. I saw four adorable kiwi... they spent most of their time poking each other with their beaks... and some other birds. I also went to a little conservation show at the park and got to see some cool parrots, a brushtail oppossum and a tuatara. I was very excited about the tuatara. Also, the girl giving the presentation was as cute as a button.

After a stop at the grocery store (it'll be a long bus ride to the glacier tomorrow), we went to a pub for drinks and then onto the same place we went to for breakfast for dinner. We got a bread and spread plate, soup (with toast) and split a sandwich. We are both very happy people right now.

Tomorrow is our very, from what I hear, pretty ride to the Fox Glacier!

No comments:

Post a Comment