Saturday, July 17, 2010

Me and the Panda... I Mean Koala


So, here's a not great picture of me and a Koala named Stacy. Her bottom, which is pretty much all I got to feel, felt much like more poor elephant, Jam, after I took him out of the dryer that one fateful night. In other words, sort of like a brillo pad. But nice!

We went to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary today. It was awesome, but sort of koala overload. Koalas everywhere! You really get your money's worth. We also saw a platypus, dingos, wallabies, kangaroos, birds of all sorts and giant flying foxes.

One cool thing was the gallery of famous people holding onto koalas. Pope John Paul II (this was just too cool... I mean, the Pope!!), the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Nine Inch Nails (sans Trent, so really, just a bunch of back-up musicians in black), the Queen Mother, Marilyn Manson, etc. That was pretty cool. I wonder if they say, "Hey, we're NIN" or if the photographer just figured it out...

Anyways, there's not a whole lot to say except that we saw our fill of koalas and it was cute and everything you could wish for out of 130 koalas. : )

But now I am super tired. We all have to rest up. The beach is tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Hello from the Northern Hemisphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something to try when you are in NZ.
    http://www.canyonswing.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete